DIY MASON JAR LUMINARIES

 


I love summer, it’s definitely one of my favorite seasons, but with summer comes bugs! I love making these diy mason jar bug repellent luminaries! They are the perfect centerpiece for your tables and they help to keep those pesky bugs away! There are a couple different essentials oils you can use and if you don’t like rosemary, I got you covered! 

What you’ll need:
  • 2 (64 oz) ball jars or you can use 16 oz ball jars! Note: I only made 2, but you can certainly make more! 
  • If you’re using 64 oz ball jars like I did you’ll need 1.5 tsp of each essential oil per jar! Essential oils to use: lemongrass, peppermint, citronella, eucalyptus 
  • Lemon & lime slices 
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract 
  • Floating tea light candles 
Directions:
  1. Fill your mason jars up with water 
  2. Stir in your essential oils, vanilla extract, lemon & lime slices and fresh rosemary sprigs
  3. Place your floating candles on top, light them & enjoy! 
  4. Notes: replace tea light candles as needed and discard the fruit/liquid in the jars after 2-3 days. Rinse out the jars and start fresh as needed


Comments

Popular Posts