OLD FASHIONED HOMEMADE PANCAKES

 

These are classic buttery delicious pancakes! I’m not going to lie, I did grow up with the box of pancake mix that my mom would make on the weekends and I always thought it was so delicious! My grandma always made these classic pancakes and they were just pure bliss! I promise you, once you try these you won’t go back to the box! One batch of these makes about 12 pancakes!


Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour 
  • 1/2 tsp salt 
  • 3 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tbsp sugar 
  • 1 1/4 cups milk
  • 1 egg 
  • 3 tbsp butter melted (I used salted, but unsalted will work fine!)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract 
Directions:
  1. In a bowl add flour, baking powder, salt & sugar; whisk to combine 
  2. Add in milk, egg, melted butter & vanilla extract and whisk until completely smooth! Note: you can also use a hand mixer 
  3. Coat your skillet with nonstick cooking spray or butter
  4. Using a ladle or an ice cream scooper, add in your pancake batter. I fit about 3-4 pancakes in mine at a time, but it depends on skillet size 
  5. Flip your pancakes once you see bubbles appearing on top and cook the opposite side until lightly golden 
  6. I place mine on a baking rack to cool (if storing them for later) or if eating them right away add to your plates 
  7. Spray your skillet in between each new set of pancakes and repeat until no batter is left
  8. Serve with fruit, whipped cream, chocolate chips, maple syrup, or ice cream and enjoy!  


Comments

Popular Posts